Choosing a local plumber can be the cheapest and easiest way to solving your problem, but may not be the most reliable or safest option as I am sure you have all heard about cowboy plumbers. While this is not always the case with local plumbers, you can also come across some big companies who try to pull the wool over your eyes, leaving the reputation of the trade in ruins.
So what are the safest steps to take when choosing a plumber?
- Ask friends and family if they have any recommendations.
- Research the plumber or company on the web
- Phone up and ask if the work is insurance guaranteed
- Phone around for quotes for the best price
- Find out how much experience the plumber has and if they can provide documents to prove this
- Try and haggle with the price given as they may be able to give you a discount
But assuming you don't have time to search for a plumber and need one asap your first port of call should be the internet or your local telephone book. When calling around don't go for the first plumber you call, phone around and get a few quotes and times of when they would be able to get out to you. In my past experience 24 hour free call out services are the best at being at your property on time and on a day that is best for you.
Although going for big well established companies may be slightly more expensive than your local plumber, at least you will have a peace of mind knowing that they safe and the work will be guaranteed.
Fast Direct Plumbers